Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Air Purifier
What a beautiful system developed by Dyson! Don’t buy anything but this only! It senses automatically and reports air quality levels on its attached LCD screen and its links app on your mobile in real-time.
Its 360-degree oscillation ensures proper circulation of air throughout the room removing 99.95% ultrafine particles from the house.
- Automatically removes 99.95% of microscopic allergens and pollutants.
- It has a cord length of 1.9 cm.
- Oscillation feature to project and circulate pure air.
- Designed to project and circulate pure air across large spaces.
- 360 degree HEPA and tris-coated carbon filter.
- 10 air speed settings, auto mode, and night mode.
Philips 1000 Series AC 1215/20 Air Purifier
Are you searching for the best air purifier? No doubt it is one of the best air purifiers in the market. Its wit shields intelligent purification sense automatically according to air quality.
That filters up to 0.02 microns and for 0.3+ microns it filters 99.97% successfully. A room, size 18 ft by 12 ft can be filtered within 12 minutes with this filter and it is recommended for a room area 226 to 333 sq ft.
- Automatically removes 99.97% of allergens and pollutants.
- Purifies a standard-sized room in just 12 minutes.
- Includes 4-color air quality indicators.
- 2+3 warranty worth rupees 3000 free with this product.
- 24/7 customer helpline.
- 4 stage filtration process.
Honeywell Move Pure Car Air Purifier
Do you believe that Indian roads are more polluting than your home? Yes, it is true.
The air quality can be 5 times worse than home. Hence you need a car air purifier that can easily remove PM 2.5, duct, and external particulate pollutants. Let’s present the best air purifier for your car by Honeywell, a Fortune 100 company.
- Completely ozone free.
- High-grade HEPA filter that removes unwanted pollutants (PM 2.5)
- Includes a flexible and long cable.
- Low noise and power consumption.
Atlanta Healthcare 7-Stage 43-Watt Air Purifier
If you want extremely purified air in your room then nothing is better than Atlanta Healthcare. As its name suggests about 7 stages, its purification process completes in seven stages to refine air up to 99.99%. For seven-stage air filtration, it uses a pre-filter, Hepa filter, antibacterial filter, activated carbon, photocatalytic oxidation, UV light, and ionizer.
- 7- Stage air filtration technology.
- Keeps the indoor spaces clean and dust-free.
- Max noise level: 35 dB Min noise level: 45 db.
- Voltage: 220 V and Power: 43 Watt
- The maximum coverage area of 350 sq.ft.
Philips AC2887/20 High-Efficiency Air Purifier
As its gorgeous looks show that it is an expensive purifier, it is right because its price is around. But don’t think, it is only good to look at. If you show this feature it’s cover 441 sq ft. that is good for any bedroom and large living room.
- The maximum coverage area of 441 sq ft.
- Noise level: 20.5 (min) to 51 (max) dB.
- Voltage: 220 V and Power: 11 to 60 Watt.
- High-grade HEPA filter that removes unwanted pollutants (PM 2.5)
- Clean Air Delivery rate equal to 333 m3/hour.
Types of Air Purifiers
1. Hepa Technology Air purifiers
HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. That means this is highly efficient in trapping microscopic (minute) particles like animal dander, dust, allergens, and other unwanted contaminants.
You should go for a product that is labeled as “Pure Hepa”. Such products must meet all the standards set by the US Department of Energy. The standards ensure that these filters are capable of capturing 99.97 % minute particles.
Details of Hepa Technology Air Purifier
Hepa Technology Air Purifiers are high-tech purifiers and are used by asthma doctors to reduce the symptoms of these diseases.
Due to the quality performance of the air purifiers you need to change the filters often, as the small holes of the size of the filter sheet would increase the airflow cycle and filter life. The more rapid air flows through the filters, the cleaner the room becomes.
However, these air purifiers will not clean your entire home; it’s better to have a purifier for all the rooms so that the entire home gets cleaned up.
Best HEPA technology air purifiers
- Mi Air 2C with True Hepa Filter
- Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier
- Hullaards AT-11 Portable 35 Watts Air Purifier
2. Activated Carbon Technology
These are small pieces of carbon available in granular or powdered form. A large surface area enables these carbon filters to absorb allergens than normal carbon.
There are several advantages of using activated carbon. These purifiers enable you to get rid of unwanted impurities and contaminants.
Activated carbon can be used along with HEPA filters to trap impurities like dust, smoke, lint, and other chemicals
Best carbon technology air purifiers
- Gliese Compact 25 Watt Air Purifier
- Guardian Technologies GermGuardian Air Purifier
- Avalon 3 in 1 Activated Carbon UV-C Purifier with HEPA filters
4. Ozone Air Purifier
Hepa or ionic purifiers use electrostatic plates as the means of filtration; they use ozone to remove unpleasant smell/odor.
These devices produce huge amounts of ozone as they don’t have any other means of filtration. Either they have a small pre-filter for dust or other contaminants or they can’t remove allergens and contaminants.
Advantages of Ozone
Ozone is a molecule that can react and eliminate strong odors and chemical pollutants. Ozone smells like a crisp air freshener. The ability to remove unpleasant odors makes it appealing to the customers/users as an air-purifying chemical.
5. UV Air Purifiers
According to doctors and health experts, air free of contaminants and allergens ensure long term health. We are fortunate enough to have an air purification system that deals with harmful microorganisms like virus, bacteria which were not there some years ago. When the time comes for you to choose from purifiers that ensure clean and germ-free air, filters with UV air purification may be a perfect choice that meets your requirements.
Basics of UV Air Purification
UV air filtrations use ultra-modern UV light technology to trap dust and other unwanted contaminants to keep bacteria from infecting office, home, and other indoor spaces. UV Light destroys the genetic materials that prevent the microorganisms from reproducing and spreading diseases. UV air filtration system combines UV lamps with air filters to remove air pollutants and kill germs.
These are the best UV air purifiers
- SilverOnyx 5 speed KJ150F-C02
- GermGuardian AC4825
- Oransi Finn UV Air Purifiers
6. Negative Ions
Air Ionizer makes the air clean and germ-air by charging the air molecules. Ions are used to remove allergens and contaminants. Ionizers make the air healthier for people suffering from breathlessness like asthma, allergy, and other respiratory diseases.
What are Ionizers? How do they work?
The ionizer creates negative ions using electrical energy and releases them into the air. These negative ions get attached to positively charged substances like dust and other contaminants. These positively charged particles and negatively charged ions combine to create dense particles that cannot float in the air; as a result, these dust particles fall off.
These are the best air purifiers
- Honeywell Move Pure2 Air Car Purifier
- Philips GoPure Compact 100 Airmax Car Purifier
- Moonbow Car Air Purifier
Things to consider when you are buying the air purifier for the first time
1. Main purpose
Allergies: If you are suffering from allergies, you can choose an air purifier that’s specifically designed for allergy relief.
Asthma: If you have asthma, you should choose a purifier that removes odor and other chemical pollutants.
Smoke: Some air purifiers are specifically designed to filter smoke and fumes that can harm respiratory systems.
Pets: Go for a purifier that can remove animal dander, odor, or hair and keeps air clean and germ-free.
2. Size of Air Purifier
To choose an air purifier based on dimensions; consider the area of the room you want to purify. If you are suffering from breathlessness (asthma) and want a purifier to alleviate the symptoms, you should consider a purifier based on ACH (air change per hour) or the number of times the purifier filters the entire volume of air.
For asthma or allergy patients, purifiers having an ACH rate equal to 4 is the best as it cleans by removing harmful allergens from the air.
- Small: These purifiers are meant for rooms up to the 299-meter square
- Medium: These purifiers are meant for rooms up to 300 to 699-meter square
iii. Large: These purifiers are meant for rooms up to 700 to 1900 meter square.
3. Location of the Air Purifier
In most cases, you are advised to place the air purifier in places where you spend your maximum time. You should keep in mind that light purifiers are meant to purify a single room only; it would be better to install additional units for other rooms.
In other words, go for a portable purifier that includes wheels and handles so that you can move it from one room to the other.
4. Air Purifier maintenance
Purifier maintenance involves replacing the air filters. The maintenance period varies depending on the technology used in developing air purifiers.
- Hepa (air) filters: These filters last about 1 year depending on the usage. Brands like IQAir HyperHEPA can last for about 4.5 to 5 years.
- ii) Carbon (air) filters: Carbon Filters lasts approx 6 months.
iii) Pre-filters: These filters last for about 3 months. Some washable fitters can last for a longer time span.
5. Desirable Features of Air Purifier
After you have chosen the size and type of air purifier, consider some special features of the air purifier.
- If you want to save both money and energy; go for purifiers that are rated by the EPA.
- There are wifi air purifiers as well that you control from your smart-phones.
- You can include features such as remote controls, portability, and filter change indicators