AmazonBasics Hypoallergic Quilted Mattress Topper Review
You can now experience a pleasanter night’s sleep with AmazonBasics Quilted Mattress Pad. The mattress pad increases the comfort level. It also adds a level of protection between sheets & mattresses.
You can choose from Twin, Twin XL, King, and Cal King & Full Queen Sizes.
Machine Washable: The Mattress Pad can be machine washed & dried at high temperatures. This ensures the ultimate health & hygiene for you & your family.
Quilted Top & Hypoallergenic Fill: Mattress Pad stars a lightweight quilted top with a Hypoallergenic Fill. This makes it an excellent choice for patients suffering from acute allergy.
Breathable: AmazonBasics Mattress Pad stars poly-cotton fabric for easy care, breathability, and durability. Like other mattress pads, it doesn’t trap in heat & moisture.
The breathable poly-cotton mattresses foster conditions favorable for a good night’s sleep.
Perfect Fit: The mattress pad’s knitted fabric sides stretch to fit mattresses up to 18 inches thick. The pad offers a user-friendly installation. Once you place it, the mattress pad stays put even when rolling or shifting while sleeping.
Safety standards: It’s made in the “Oeko Tex standard 100” factory. The certification system guarantees that it meets safety and environmental standards.
Warranty: The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
Customer Reviews: The product got rated with 4.6 stars out of 5 stars.
- It’s a bit fluffy and a little big for king size bed.
- It’s best for allergy & asthma sufferers. Consider checking its dimensions before buying the product.
- The product fits thick mattresses perfectly.
- It doesn’t at all protect the mattresses.
- The top fabric doesn’t wash well and starts pilling off after the first wash.
- The mattress pad doesn’t come with cushion.
What Is A Mattress Topper?
A comfortable mattress is essential for a good night’s sleep. But it can be pricey and inconvenient. A mattress topper can be a good fix to make your bed much more comfortable.
This comes in handy when you’re not at home as it’s easier to transport than a mattress.
A right mattress topper can give firmness if you need more support or give you pillow-like softness if your bed is too hard.
A mattress topper acts as an extension to the mattress, providing it an additional layer of protection.
If your existing mattress needs a “pick-me-up”, a mattress topper can give it a lease of life. It acts as an alternative to buying a brand-new mattress.
Why Do I Need A Mattress Topper?
There are reasons why someone might invest in a mattress topper. These are the most common reasons:
- To relieve the pressure points & provide a comfortable surface to people suffering from arthritis, fibromyalgia, and temporary injury.
- To add a layer of cushiness if your mattress feels too firm.
- On the contrary, if your mattress feels too soft, a firmer mattress topper makes it more comfortable.
- Mattress topper helps limit the disruptive jostles that one partner feels when the other moves around or gets up.
- To ease the “break-in-period” that occurs with a new mattress.
Which Is The Best Mattress Topper?
There are two types of mattress toppers available out there.
Latex Mattress Topper
These tend to be expensive, but like memory foams, they provide excellent comfort & support.
Natural latex is produced either by Dunlop or Talalay & comes from the sap of rubber trees. Natural latex has mostly natural ingredients.
Alternatively, synthetic latex is mostly made of synthetic materials. Blended latex is a combination of natural latex and synthetic latex.
Natural latex has better resistance to the microbe and dust mite build-up
They’re quite durable.
They’re excellent at transmitting motion transmission from your partner.
Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Since a high-end Memory Foam Mattress can be a bit pricey, a topper is a good way to get the benefits of Memory Foam without breaking the bank.
Memory foam Mattress topper is available in a variety of densities, so you can find the right firmness to suit you.
It’s durable and lasts long to warrant the high price.
Can I Wash Mattress Toppers?
Mattress Toppers are usually made of foam (natural latex, memory foam, and synthetic foam) & natural materials such as cotton, down, and wool.
Before washing these mattress toppers you need to check the cleaning instructions. If you don’t do this, you may invalidate any warranty that comes with the mattress topper.
The general technique of cleaning mattress toppers is as follows:
Remove everything from the topper and set it alone in a well-ventilated area.
Use a gentle vacuum cleaner or hose attachment to suck up loose particles from outside of the mattress topper.
Look for stains, body odors & signs of wear and tear.
With a gentle cleaning solution, stray the stains and gently rub them. Blot the liquid with paper towels. Repeat the process until the stain gets removed.
With baking soda, you can treat odors arising from natural causes.
Hang the topper in a well-ventilated area and put the mattress topper back on the bed as it gets dried up.
Is There Any Reason To Avoid A Mattress Topper?
Like any other product, mattress toppers have distinct disadvantages as well. Here are some of the disadvantages associated with mattress toppers.
- A sizable share of people using mattress topper stated that they’re unable to find an exact fitting topper for their mattress. King Sized topper doesn’t necessarily fit in a king-sized bed.
Manufacturers use unusual dimensions varying a couple of inches or more. If you’re thread and needle type, you will be able to cut down to size an extra-large topper.
But if the topper is shorter than the mattress, you may end up with an awkward-looking bed with a lower comfort level.
- You can’t expect your old bumpy mattress converted to an island of comfort all of a sudden. Toppers add a layer of comfort to a reasonably aged mattress, not to an inflatable swimming pool mattress.
Know exactly what your expectations are honest to yourself if it’s time to purchase a new mattress.
Also You May Like: